“Pick of the Litter”
Pick of the Litter is the Town of Falmouth Swap Shop, located at Falmouth Waste Management Facility at 458 Thomas B. Landers Road in Falmouth. The shop reopened on July 10, 2021 after being closed for over a year due to COVID-19 regulations.
Open: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday. Sticker Required.
Pick of the Litter exists to keep useful items and materials out of the waste stream, providing an opportunity for the town to save money on disposal costs, conserve space in the Bourne ISWM landfill, and allow Falmouth residents free access to a variety of useful goods. Pick of the Litter is owned by the town, staffed by volunteers, and maintained by DPW staff. Residents are invited to bring their clean, usable items to the shop so that others may re-use or recycle them.
Residents should plan their trip carefully, as stickers are required for entrance to the Waste Management Facility which includes the swap shop. Stickers are not sold on site and must be ordered by mail. Sticker Application link is https://www.falmouthma.gov/170/Waste-Management
Accepted Items include:
- Housewares, Lamps, Kitchen Tools, Picture Frames, Sports Equipment, Toys, Beach Toys and Accessories, Small Appliances in working order, Cookware, Cutlery, Games, Puzzles, Luggage, Tools, Art, Décor, Pet Supplies, Musical Instruments, Garden Equipment, etc.
- Books are accepted at the shop, although due to limited space, some may be sorted into the book donation boxes on site.
- Bulky furniture items such as upholstered furniture will be charged a disposal fee, even if accepted by staff for the swap shop.
Items NOT Accepted:
- Clothing, Bedding, Linens, and other Textiles (Textiles may be left in the clothing/textile donation boxes on site.)
- Household Cleaners
- Pesticides, Herbicides, or other Chemicals
- Broken or Very Dirty Items