“Pick of the Litter”
Pick of the Litter is the Town of Falmouth Swap Shop, located at Falmouth Waste Management Facility at 458 Thomas B. Landers Road in Falmouth.
Open: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Tuesday – Thursday – Saturday.
Pick of the Litter exists to keep useful items and materials out of the waste stream, providing an opportunity for the town to save money on disposal costs, conserve space in the Bourne ISWM landfill, and allow Falmouth residents free access to a variety of useful goods. Pick of the Litter is owned by the town, staffed by volunteers, and maintained by DPW staff. Residents are invited to bring their clean, usable items to the shop so that others may re-use or recycle them.
No Sticker Required- Falmouth residents may enter the WMF to visit the “Pick Of The Litter” swap shop without a sticker or daily use fee. Staff may require proof of residency for entry at their discretion. (Note- this began 01.04.2022 and is on a trial basis.)
Accepted Items include:
- Housewares, Lamps, Kitchen Tools, Picture Frames, Sports Equipment, Toys, Beach Toys and Accessories, Small Appliances in working order, Cookware, Cutlery, Games, Puzzles, Luggage, Tools, Art, Décor, Pet Supplies, Musical Instruments, Garden Equipment, etc.
- Books are accepted at the shop, although due to limited space, some may be sorted into the book donation boxes on site.
- Small Furniture such as chairs, end tables, small bookshelves.
Items NOT Accepted:
- Clothing, Bedding, Linens, and other Textiles (These may be left in the clothing/textile donation boxes on site.)
- Upholstered Furniture
- Most Baby Equipment- Due to safety concerns and recalls
- Household Cleaners
- Pesticides, Herbicides, or other Chemicals (Save for Household Hazardous Waste collection.)
- Broken or Dirty Items
- Stereo Speakers over 6" in any dimension.
- Large Furniture (such as dining tables, couches, large dressers) due to lack of storage space.
Note: Bulky or large furniture items will be charged a disposal fee, even if accepted by staff for the swap shop. These items may require disposal if not readily re-homed.
Volunteers Wanted! If you have a passion for recycling, upcycling, re-use, or reducing waste Pick of the Litter can use your help. Please consider becoming a volunteer.