Community Preservation Fund/Community Preservation Committee
BackgroundIn accordance with the statute, the Falmouth Community Preservation Committee (CPC) was formed for the purpose of considering projects and making recommendations to Town Meeting for appropriations from the Community Preservation Fund. The CPC meets regularly, primarily to review applications for projects in the four funding areas, but also to conduct other necessary business as part of its function as steward of the Falmouth Community Preservation Fund.
In the spring of 2005, Falmouth adopted the Community Preservation Act, M.G.L. Ch. 44B, establishing a special fund of monies, the Community Preservation Fund, to be appropriated and spent for certain open space, historic resources, and affordable housing purposes. In 2012, recreation was included in this list of categories of allowable expenditures.
Mission Statement of the Community Preservation Committee
Meetings - In-person meetings to resume with July 8, 2021 CPC meeting.
- 6:00 p.m.
- In most cases - Jan thru Aug - second Thursday of month; Sept & Oct - 2nd and 4th Thursdays; Nov - 1st and 3rd Thursdays; Dec - 1st and 3rd Thursday
- Town Hall Civil Defense Room or School Administration Building
Check posted agenda for correct location
Office Hours - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 8:00 to 4:30 p.m.
ADDENDUM #1 (appears below under "Documents") now required in all CP Fund applications.
Deadline for FY2022 CP Fund applications for 2022 April Town Meeting - Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Applications for funding appear below under "Documents."
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Community Preservation Fund Allowable Spending Purposes (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Non-Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Full 182-Page Document (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Presentation by Eric Dray, April 14, 2016 (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan - Final - 1 7 19
- Criteria for Time Urgency of a CP Fund Project
- Master Plan Report Falmouth - Final - 2-21-2017
- Condition Rating Report 6-3-2015
- List of projects by funding category - CH HP OS Rec
- Community Preservation Plan Approved 7-9-2020
- CPC Operating Procedures Approved 7-9-2020
- CP Calendar 2021-2022 Approved 1-14-2021
- Announcement of FY2022 CP Fund Application Deadlines 2-1-2021
- CP Fund Application CH OS Rec- Deadline 8-11-2021
- CP Fund Application Hist Pres - Deadline 8-11-2021
- CPC NA Hrg 3-11-21 Cemetery Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 OS-Rec Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 HP Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 CH Written comment
- Approved Report of CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 for 2021 CP Plan
- Addendum 1 to FY2022 CP Fund Application 6-10-2021