Community Preservation Fund/Community Preservation Committee
BackgroundIn accordance with the statute, the Falmouth Community Preservation Committee (CPC) was formed for the purpose of considering projects and making recommendations to Town Meeting for appropriations from the Community Preservation Fund. The CPC meets regularly, primarily to review applications for projects in the four funding areas, but also to conduct other necessary business as part of its function as steward of the Falmouth Community Preservation Fund.
In the spring of 2005, Falmouth adopted the Community Preservation Act, M.G.L. Ch. 44B, establishing a special fund of monies, the Community Preservation Fund, to be appropriated and spent for certain open space, historic resources, and affordable housing purposes. In 2012, recreation was included in this list of categories of allowable expenditures.
Mission Statement of the Community Preservation Committee
Meetings - open to the public via Zoom Webinar until further notice
- 6:00 p.m.
- In most cases - Jan thru Aug - second Thursday of month; Sept & Oct - 2nd and 4th Thursdays; Nov - 1st and 3rd Thursdays; Dec - 1st and 3rd Thursday
- When in-person meetings resume: School Administration Building or Town Hall Civil Defense Room
Check posted agenda for correct location
Office Hours - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Application deadlines for FY2022 CPA project funding:
1) 2021 November Town Meeting - Time-urgent projects only - Deadline: April 14, 2021
2) 2022 April Town Meeting - Deadline: August 11, 2021
All applications appear below under "Documents."
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Community Preservation Fund Allowable Spending Purposes (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Sample Letter of Agreement (LOA) for CP Fund Non-Municipal Projects - November 2016 (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Full 182-Page Document (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards - Presentation by Eric Dray, April 14, 2016 (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan - Final - 1 7 19
- Criteria for Time Urgency of a CP Fund Project
- Master Plan Report Falmouth - Final - 2-21-2017
- Condition Rating Report 6-3-2015
- List of projects by funding category - CH HP OS Rec
- Community Preservation Plan Approved 7-9-2020
- CPC Operating Procedures Approved 7-9-2020
- CP Calendar 2021-2022 Approved 1-14-2021
- Announcement of FY2022 CP Fund Application Deadlines 2-1-2021
- CP Fund Application Hist Pres -Time-Urgent Deadline 4-14-2021
- CP Fund Application CH OS Rec-Time-Urgent- Deadline 4-14-2021
- CP Fund Application CH OS Rec- Deadline 8-11-2021
- CP Fund Application Hist Pres - Deadline 8-11-2021
- CPC NA Hrg 3-11-21 Cemetery Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 OS-Rec Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 HP Written comment
- CPC NA Hearing 3-11-2021 CH Written comment