Human Services Committee
Human Services Committee Goals:
1. To advocate for and support the role of the Human Services Department in the town of Falmouth;
2. To identify and prioritize unmet and emerging human service needs in the community;
3. To advise the Board of Selectmen and educate the community at large regarding these community trends/needs;
4. To stimulate the development of new programs, services and initiatives by public and private entities and/or partnerships to address human service related needs in Falmouth;
5. To recommend human services related funding to the Board of Selectmen and Town Meeting members.
- 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- Town Hall (Currently remote via Zoom)
59 Town Hall Square
Selectmen's Meeting Room
Falmouth, MA 02540
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Click here to sign up for notifications
- Deb Berglin, Co-chair
- Milene Chioatto
- Kerin Delaney, Co-chair
- Johnny Hatem Jr.
- Tanya Kohli
- Sharon Sodekson
To Learn more about the Committee: Committee Annual Report FY2021
FY23 Town Human Services Funding
The Town of Falmouth, acting through the Human Services Department, seeks proposals from interested public or private, state and federally recognized non-profit organizations, agencies, or partnerships to provide projects, programs and services that address unmet human service needs in the community. The Town of Falmouth utilizes a funding process that targets specific categories of need in the community. The agencies/non-profit organizations that are receiving Human Services funds from the Town of Falmouth for FY2023 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023) are:
- Homeless Prevention - Housing Assistance Corp. $20,000
- Out Migration - YMCA $20,000
- Mental Health - Cape Cod Children's Place: Maternal Depression Task Force $20,000
- Substance Use - Aids Support Group of Cape Cod $20,000
- General Support Services- Volunteers in Public Schools (V.I.P.S.) $9,500