Town Meeting Slide Presentation Guidelines
All presentations must be in 4:3 format in order to display correctly at the venue.
Individuals planning to display a slide presentation at Town Meeting must submit their slides as a PowerPoint file in 4:3 format no later than 12:00PM on the Friday before the first day of Town Meeting. The slides are to be emailed to email@example.com. If the presentation file is too large to be emailed, (greater than 20 MB) the file must be hand delivered on a portable ("thumb") drive to the Town Clerk's Office no later than 12:00PM on the Friday before the first day of Town Meeting. Please review the instructions below before you begin preparing your slides.
- We strongly encourage use of this Town Meeting Presentation PowerPoint Template.
- PowerPoint slides must be in 4:3 format. To ensure your PowerPoint slides are in this format, use the above template or review these instructions.
- Slide Presentations should meet the following guidelines, designed to allow for best possible viewing in the auditorium.
- Recommended text styles include Arial, Times New Roman, and Verdana.
- Title text should be a minimum of 32 point font.
- Bullet text should be a minimum of 28 point font.
- Sub-bullet text should be a minimum of 24 point font.
- Background color should be light or dark (for example; white, black, dark blue)
- Font color should be at the highest contrast possible from the background color. If you choose to use a light background color, then a dark font color should be used. If you choose to use a dark background color, then a light font color should be used. For example, a white background should have a black, dark blue, or maroon text. A dark blue background should have a white text color.
- Graphs, charts, pictures and maps should have clear, visible titles. Detailed charts and graphs that may be difficult to view on the screen should be provided to the Meeting as handouts.
- We are unable to present PDF documents or other non-PowerPoint files effectively.
- PDFs and image files should be placed into the template PowerPoint.
- Videos should also be embedded into a PowerPoint.
- Please do not remove the first or last slide with the Town Seal. This slide serves as the placeholder on the viewing screen while presentations are being loaded between presenters.
- We are unable to display content that is hosted on the internet.
- IT staff will not modify the content of your presentation.
- Once you have completed your presentation, please save your file (Save As command) using the following naming convention:
//Meeting-Article#-Presenter.FirstName.LastName.ppt example: Fall2023-Art03-jennifer.smith.ppt
- Email final slide presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 12:00pm on the Friday before the first day of Town Meeting. Be sure to include in your email: the article number and your full name and phone number. We need to receive all files in advance in order to scan for viruses, confirm formatting requirements are met, and place them in a folder in proper sequence to allow staff to pull up the right slide at the right moment. We do not want to keep 200+ Town Meeting members waiting while we search for your presentation!
- If you do not receive email confirmation of receipt of your presentation by noon on the day of town meeting, please call IT Department at 508-495-7400.
- You will advance your own slides using a remote that is placed at each podium at the Lawrence School.
- The Town Meeting Rules & Procedures Committee highly recommends rehearsing your Power Point presentations and being mindful of the length and clarity of your presentation.