The New Falmouth Senior Center is a culmination of years of community dialogue to select a site and design a facility to meet the needs of Falmouth seniors for decades to come. The project was completed on time and within budget. The Grand Opening was originally scheduled for March 2020, unfortunately the COVID-19 pandemic forced a delay in opening our building to the public.
The Falmouth Senior Center staff continued to work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by providing critical services such as:
- Senior shuttle transportation
- Outreach reassurance calls and connecting seniors to available resources and services
- Professional services as in legal, insurance, and tax advisory services offered remotely
- Support groups and a variety of programs were offered online using the Zoom platform
- Delivered over 6,400 bags of groceries to homebound seniors
- Supported the vaccination rollout assisting seniors in getting their first, second and homebound vaccination appointments
We are now ready to proceed with a phased opening plan for the new Senior Center:
- Phase 1: June 7-18, 2021 All Staff, Volunteers, Instructors and Group Leaders will go through an orientation, training and small group building tours. Senior Center remains closed to the public.
- Phase 2: June 21–June 29, 2021 Falmouth Residents age 60+ will have the opportunity for early enrollment sign ups and small group building tours by appointment only. Call the Senior Center at 508-540-0196 to schedule a time.
- Phase 3: June 30, 2021 at 10:00AM A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to officially open the new Senior Center will take place outside at the 780 Main Street location. Senior Center open to the public. Please be patient as we ramp up in person programs and services over the following weeks.
Consistent with the Select Board policy for all municipal government buildings, staff and visitors will be wearing face coverings in all public areas. Thank you for this continued temporary accommodation to protect the health of our senior residents and staff.