Significant wind impacts expected.
Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee
Media Release – Hurricane Jose
For Immediate Release
BCREPC Will Activate MACC on Tuesday for Jose
The Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (BCREPC) reviewed the latest guidance on impacts of Hurricane Jose on Barnstable County.
STATUS: There are no plans at this time to activate the Regional Emergency Shelter System. The BCREPC Multi-Agency Coordination Center (MACC) will activate at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- Tropical Storm warning in effect.
- Onset of Jose expected overnight Tuesday into Wednesday depending on track.
- Current National Weather Service peak wind forecast is 20-30 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
- To be safe, citizens should earnestly prepare for the potential of significant wind impacts. Efforts should now be underway to secure all properties.
- Scattered power outages are possible.
- Localized minor storm surge possible, particularly on east- and southeast-facing coastline.
- Urgent request from the United States Coast Guard to paddle craft owners: pull your craft inland to avoid needless searches should they be washed out to sea.
For information about preparedness and the Regional Shelter System visit the Barnstable County REPC website at www.bcrepc.org. Follow the BCREPC on Twitter @bcrepc.