The department staff provides leadership and technical assistance to at least a dozen community projects in order to promote collaboration and develop new programs and services to meet the changing needs of residents.
The projects change according to the needs of the community and at the start of FY2020 included:
- Barnstable County Human Services Advisory Council - Cape-wide human services need assessment, networking and collaboration to address identified needs
- Barnstable County Regional Substance Use Council - The purpose of the Barnstable County Regional Substance Use Council (RSAC) is to establish a communication infrastructure across towns, providers, organizations, and individuals on Cape Cod. This allows us as a region to identify and address gaps and disparities in the service system, maximize inter-agency collaboration, and to maximize funding and resource opportunities.
- Barnstable County Correctional Facility Community Reentry Committee
- Cape Cod Hoarding Task Force
- Cape and Islands Regional Network on Homelessness
- Community Action Committee of Cape Cod and Islands - Immigration Resource Center
- Falmouth’s Essential Services Network
- Falmouth Hoarding Response Team - Consultation and case management services regarding community cases; facilitates “Buried in Treasures” support group
- Falmouth Public Schools District Safety Committee - Psychological First Aid Team
- Falmouth Public Schools District Wellness Committee
- Falmouth Volunteers in Public Schools