Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee
- 7 p.m.
- Usually held 1st Wednesday of every month (check Agenda Center for postings)
- Town Hall
59 Town Hall Square
Old Water Department
Falmouth, MA 02540
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Katherine Jansen, Chair (term until 6/30/24)
- Nathaniel Clark, Vice Chair (term until 6/30/25)
- Matthew Delaney, Treasurer (term until 6/30/26)
- JoAnn Fishbein, Secretary (term until 6/30/24)
- Timothy Shea (term until 6/30/24)
- Neel Aluru (term until 6/30/25)
- Peter Mili (term until 6/30/26)
- Ellen Adams (term until 6/30/26)
- Paul Joyce (term until 6/30/26)
About the Committee
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee supports and advises on the use of bicycles throughout the town for transportation and recreation. A map showing our town-wide network of designated bike routes can be downloaded from this website or obtained at Town Hall or the Falmouth Chamber of Commerce.
Shining Sea Bikeway
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee advises the Board of Selectmen regarding the maintenance of the Shining Sea Bikeway, a paved pathway of extraordinary beauty. The Bikeway extends 10.7 miles, from County Road in North Falmouth to the Steamship Authority's Ferry terminal in Woods Hole, a historic seaside fishing village and the site of several major research institutions. It also connects at a number of points to the network of designated Bike Routes across Falmouth.
The Bikeway traverses salt marshes, cranberry bogs, ponds and woodlands; it skirts sandy shores and a busy working harbor. Its course includes numerous intriguing geological features. It is also the only bikeway on Cape Cod that has a section along the seashore.
Find details of the exciting natural and cultural history touched in traveling along the Shining Sea Bikeway by reading our summary of the History and Culture of the Bikeway (PDF).