The Falmouth Board of Health and Solid Waste Advisory Committee has developed a regulation named -“RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PERMITTING AND OPERATION OF MUNICIPAL AND COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING COLLECTION AND MANDATORY RECYCLING REQUIREMENTS”.
Overview of the regulation:
• Mandates recycling for both commercial and residential waste generated for both businesses and residences to be in compliance with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) Waste Bans
• Mandates haulers collecting solid waste, recyclables, and/or compostable materials be licensed annually by the Board of Health
• Mandates haulers to provide recycling services to their clients in a separate container from trash
• Haulers will be required to reject collections not in compliance with this regulation
• Enforcement authority is provided to the Board of Health/ Health Department and the Department of Public Works
See the link below for the regulation. You can email, visit or call the Health Department for a hard copy of the proposed regulation.