Stable Regulations

manure happens


A stable permit is required in order to keep horses on your property in the town of Falmouth.  In addition to meeting the requirements laid out in the town's Stable Regulations, the Health Department requires applicants to submit a manure management plan along with the permit application.  This plan should be detailed and include descriptions of how the applicant intends to store and dispose of the manure, how they will prevent rodent or insect infestations from developing, and how they will respond in the event that an infestation does occur.  Since many horses are kept in close proximity to abutting properties, it's important for horse owners to be good neighbors and employ good manure management practices.  Listed below are some great resources to assist you in building your plan, and please contact the Health Department at (508)495-7485 if you have any questions.

Falmouth PermitEyes system allows all  applications to be submitted and viewed online. 

To apply for a Stable Permit, use links below.

New Users Click Here to create a UserID for Falmouth Permit Eyes

Returning Users Click Here to submit applications and view application status