Household Hazardous Waste Collection


Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collections held on Cape Cod are a collaboration between Barnstable County and individual municipalities. Many widely-used products contain hazardous ingredients, and it can be confusing to sort out what to bring to these collections. It is common for residents to bring non-hazardous wastes, such as latex paint, water-based stains and finishes to the collections.  These ARE NOT accepted at collections as you can dispose of these products yourself. To dispose of these items, pour over cat litter to absorb liquid and throw away; or dry out and throw in the trash. Still confused? Click below for a breakdown of the most common products and items we get questioned about.  Click here for a list of common hazardous household products. For more information, visit the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension website here or call the Falmouth Health Department at (508)495-7485.

How Do I Dispose Of...

*Small Business disposal accepted! Please call the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension for more information at (508)375-6699

Did you miss Falmouth's collection?

If you missed out on your town’s collection you can attend any other Barnstable County HHW collection for a fee + registration form. Please click here for our non-resident form and registration as well as fee pricing. *YOU MUST REGISTER PRIOR TO ATTENDING YOUR CHOSEN COLLECTION*

Off Season HHW Options